Music Sales (eBook), October 2010
An in-depth study of Lennox's considerable 23-year career, exploring her progression from her early days studying at the Royal Academy of Music, through to Eurythmics and her undeniably successful solo career. The authors tackle previously unaccounted areas of Lennox's enigmatic life alongside detailed musical analysis and 40 interviews with friends, industry colleagues and ex-lovers. Serialised in the Daily Mail, February 2001.
- Her formative years in the bracing town of Aberdeen, interviewing both family friends and childhood contemporaries
- The years she spent at the prestigious Royal Academy of Music, interviewing her teachers and classmates
- The years struggling for recognition pre-Tourists, where the authors unearth and detail her first ever demo recording in April 1977
- Her four-year on-off relationship with rock photographer Peter Ashworth
- Her solo career, semi-retirement to raise her family and the Eurythmics reunion for Peace
We hope you enjoy reading our book as much as we enjoyed writing it. If it makes you reach for your Eurythmics CDs, then we have fulfilled our goal! - Bryony Sutherland & Lucy Ellis, February 2001